Niedersachsen is home to leading agrosystem technology. Germany’s most intensively farmed agricultural region boasts complete value-added networks:
Primary production – Agricultural engineering – Food industry
Osnabrücker Land lies at the centre of the most intensively farmed agricultural region in Germany: in Agrotech Valley leading businesses and research institutes have come together to make this vision a reality. At the same time, planning is underway for an innovative, resource-efficient circular economy.
Contact us to find out more about the advantages Niedersachsen has to offer.
Smart farming increases the efficiency of field management or livestock farming systems. Niedersachsen’s COALA (Competence of Applied Agricultural Engineering) centre of excellence conducts elite interdisciplinary research into agrotechnology.
The German Federal Research Centre for Cultivated Plants (JKI) tests 5G applications in agriculture. The 5G SmartCountry project involves huge volumes of data that need to be transferred quickly between satellites, drones, ground sensors and robots.
Researching the deployment of autonomous systems for managing and planting out farmland, Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences is closely linked to businesses in the field. The results of this research help Niedersachsen-based manufacturers launch competitive products on the market. More about the field robots of the future: Boni Rob from Osnabrück UAS.
Digitalisation and artificial intelligence: research, laboratories and experimentation fields
- ZDIN – Centre for Digital Innovations of Niedersachsen: Application-oriented research in the agricultural laboratory of the future (in the Centre for Digital Innovations of Niedersachsen)
- DFKI – German Research Centre for Artificial Intelligence: Deployment of AI throughout the entire process chain, from the automation of agrotechnology to the use of data for animal welfare and careful land management
- Agri-Gaia: AI ecosystem for the agrifood industry
- Agro-Nordwest experimentation field: Digital transformation in arable farming
- DigiSchwein experimentation field: Data model and farm management software for humane and resource-efficient pig husbandry
- Laser Centre Hannover – smart agricultural engineering innovation field
The use of new technologies is especially important for climate protection. Learn more about the latest trends in Niedersachsen:
- Hydrogen in agrotechnology: Check out Agrotech Valley to find out more about the use of hydrogen in agrotechnology or the central information centre for the use of renewables for materials,energy and bioenergy in Niedersachsen: 3N e.V:
- Biotechnology and the circular economy: Pathways in the shift to a bioeconomy
- Institute for Bio-Plastics and Bio-Composites: Bio-plastics research cluster for the sustainable availability of polymeric materials
Here in Niedersachsen we have a platform for innovations in the agriculture, food and digitalisation sectors, which can offer you customised solutions:
- Seedhouse – Accelerator for innovations from the agriculture, food and digitalisation sectors
- ROOTCAMP – Accelerator in the agrifood tech sector
- Growhouse – High-tech incubator for farm, food and AI
- Start up Niedersachsen – Food & agriculture network offering advice, support and matchmaking for start-ups
World-leading trade shows for agrotechnology
- Eurotier: World-leading trade show for animal husbandry and livestock management
- Agritechnica: World-leading trade show for agricultural technology
Partners and platforms in Niedersachsen
- Agrotech Valley Forum: Leading network of agrosystem technology
- Niedersachsen’s EIP network for agriculture & innovation: Innovation projects for a competitive and sustainably commercial agrifood industry
- Space2agriculture: Communication platform between aerospace and agriculture
Contact us or Niedersachsen’s investment and state development bank NBank now and find out more about: